Visitors are persons who are not Canadian Citizens but wish to visit Canada either for tourism purposes or to visit their family/friends/relatives or for business-related purposes. For this, they need to obtain a Visitor Visa to enter Canada. But there are few visitors who are exempted from visas owing to the following reasons:
- Their nationality
- The documents they hold
- The purpose of their visit to Canada
For people who do not belong to any of these three categories mentioned above, you have to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). It is not like, that every applicant applying for TRV(Temporary Resident Visa) receives it. An applicant has to ascertain that they are able to convince the Immigration Officer he/she will be meeting for the following conditions before they are issued a Temporary Resident Visa(TRV).
Requirements for Visitor Visa
- His/her intent to visit Canada
- Proof of enough financial resources to cover his/her expenses
- Assurance of your return to your homeland before your visa expires
- If you have a rich travel history that might give you an edge. Considering your travel history, the officer might get a good indication of your no plans to stay in Canada illegally.If required, present the relevant documents to the Immigration officer.
- You have to make sure to the officer that under any circumstances, you are not inadmissible to Canada.