A super visa permits you to visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. It is a multi-entry visa and is valid for 10 years. If by chance you wish to visit the country for less amount of time then you can apply for a visitor visa.
Eligibility Criteria for Super Visa
To be eligible for Super Visa, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be a parent/grandparent of Canadian Citizen or Canadian Permanent Resident.
- You should have medical insurance from Canadian Insurance Company which will be:
- Valid for at least one year from the date of entry in the country.
- Has coverage of at least $100,000
- Need to present proof that medical insurance has been paid duly.
- You need to have a signed letter from your child/grandchild who is inviting you to Canada which clearly states and includes the below-mentioned facts:
- Commitment/Promise for financial support throughout their stay in Canada
- the list and number of people in the household of this person
- a copy of proof of the person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document.
Apart from the criteria mentioned above, you need to ensure the following:
- You are applying for Super Visa from outside China
- You ought to take an Immigration Medical Exam
- You must be allowed to enter Canada
- You ought to meet several other conditions that apply.
Note: You cannot include dependants in this application.